85) All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa & The Cult Jam (1985) -- A terrific song about finally telling that certain someone that enough is enough. "My body never knew such pleasure, my heart never knew such pain". A strong reminder that sometimes its just not worth it, and that nobody should settle for less than they deserve.
84) Don't You Wanna Stay - Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson (2010) -- An incredible song by two of the very best in contemporary music. One of the best love songs to come out in quite some time.
83) You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - The Righteous Brothers (1964) -- One of the best songs of all time, this classic has truly stood the test of time. Still sounds as magical now as it did 50 years ago. Amazing!
82) Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp (1984) -- In the mid 80's, John Cougar Mellencamp made it cool to love America again. And have you ever noticed that all of his songs are very easy to sing along to? In fact, you can't really help it. Pink Houses is just such a song. Real life and nothing fake. That is what JCM is all about.
81) I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John (1983) -- Sir Elton John is unquestionably one of the greatest song writers ever, and "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" is a great example of just that. Its a song about missing that special someone, something we all can relate to.
Return to: Ty's Blog Blog