Monster.com has compiled a list of things you should never say to your boss. Here is the list and what I think about saying these things to boss man dude.
1. "I need a raise."
We work in radio, it would be nice to get paid in actually dollars and not just expired pop and t shirts.
2. "That just isn't possible."
I've found its much more productive to just stare at him with a super confused look on your face, gets you out of a lot of work!
3. "I can't stand working with _____."
I love everyone I work with.......
4. "I partied too hard last night! I'm so hung over!"
Thankfully I work in radio and this statement is completely acceptable.
5. "But I emailed you about that last week."
Generally someone is saying this to me, I don't like to read my emails. Anything more than 140 characters is too long.
6. "It's not my fault."
It's never my fault.
7. "I don't know."
Refer to number 2. Staring blankly will get you out of a lot of work!
8. "But we've always done it this way."
Change is hard.
9. "Let me set you up with..."
I've never once said this to my boss. He has, however, told me he can set me up with a man. Single girl problems.